Houston, we have a problem.
Fun Fact #1:
“Pathogen” referred to in the photos below is by definition the *broadest* way to describe a virus or disease. It can be used to refer to bacteria or a virus.
Fun Fact #2:
Australia made the changes to their Biosecurity Law (that they are now using to hand out these fines), IN DECEMBER OF 2015.
Notably: Ours was also changed recently, as well.
[Keep these two facts in mind as you read the following.]
I discovered something from an article I read about what’s currently happening in Australia:
“Under the Australian Biosecurity Act 2015, refusers of coronavirus vaccination in Australia could be at risk of five years imprisonment and/or a $66,600 fine.”
….That seems steep as fig, right?! Like, there was no way; too high to be reasonable.
So, I looked a bit further, and they are actually dead straight about these fines.
They’ve already been giving them out:
- March 2020 – “Failure to comply with the new rules could mean a maximum prison sentence of half a year and/or a fine of up to $11,000 AUD”
- March, 2020 – “From $50,000 fines to six months’ jail time, states and territories have different penalties for breaching the 14-day quarantine rule”
- August, 2020 – “Australian states raise millions in coronavirus fines“
- August 2020 – “Five years imprisonment and/or a $66,600 fine for refusing coronavirus vaccination”
- March 2020 – “Disobeying the COVID-19 emergency law could cost you $100,000 and one year in jail in Canada“
So, then it got me thinking… Does Canada have one of these “Biosecurity Acts”?
Turns out, we do. It also turns out, we have way worse shit written in ours.
[See Photos Below]
2.0 Risk group classification and licensing requirements
As listed on the Canada.ca website [here] in case you were wondering:
“SARS-CoV-2 is classified as an RG3 human pathogen and an RG2 animal pathogen. Licensing and permit requirements are based on sample and activity type, and whether or not the material containing SARS-CoV-2 is imported. More specifically:
- A person conducting controlled activities with material containing SARS-CoV-2 requires an RG3 Pathogen and Toxin Licence issued by the PHAC. Controlled activities must be performed in a facility that meets the requirements specified in the CBS for a Containment Level 3 (CL3).
- A person carrying out laboratory analyses or diagnostic testing (i.e., non-propagative diagnostic activities) with material containing SARS-CoV-2 may be exempt from the licensing requirement under Section 27(1) of the Human Pathogens and Toxins Regulations (HPTR). Furthermore:
- If the material containing SARS-CoV-2 is not imported, the biosafety recommendations outlined in Section 3.0 of this biosafety advisory are recommended to mitigate the risk of personnel exposure and release into the community.
- If the material containing SARS-CoV-2 is imported, a permit is required under the Health of Animals Regulations (HAR). If the material containing SARS-CoV-2 is a human primary specimen, quality control sample, or a proficiency panel, the HAR permit will be issued by the PHAC. If the material containing SARS-CoV-2 is an animal product, by-product, or primary specimen (e.g., tissue, serum, blood), the import permit will be issued by the CFIA. Activities with imported material must be performed in a facility that meets the requirements specified in the Canadian Biosafety Standard (CBS) for a Containment Level 2 (CL2).
Controlled activities are defined in Section 7 of the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act (HPTA). They include possessing, handling, using, producing, storing, permitting access, transferring, importing, exporting, releasing, abandoning, or disposing of a pathogen. In this biosafety advisory, controlled activities only refer to controlled activities with whole live SARS-CoV-2 that is not in its natural environment (i.e., not in a primary specimen). For more information on applying for an import permit or a licence, please visit our website or contact the Licensing Program at the PHAC.”
This is worse than our Public Health Act being changed to give the Governor-General the power to do whatever she wants.
Can you imagine getting hit with one of these $60,000 fines or jail-time for not getting vaccinated?! This is getting more and more terrifying by the day – and it’s clearly turning out to be not the virus we should be wary of; it’s the government.